Field Engineer: Industrial IT Systems – World-Renowned Print Technology Brand
IT Systems Engineer needed to install and maintain a world-renowned brand’s latest offerings in print technology, preferably a specialist who has worked in production or manufacturing environments.
Working in a team of engineers, electricians, system engineers and vision experts, you will provide expertise in systems implementation and support, following best practices and guidelines. This role calls for someone who is willing to learn new skills, work individually and as part of a team in order to achieve project deliverables, completing them on time and to budget. This person will be working on client sites for up to 1 – 2 weeks at a time and may be required to work overseas, evenings and weekends as needed.
Engineering and Provisioning:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems based on HP & HPE infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system implementation tasks.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Upgrade administrative tools and utilities, configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software as per project or operational needs.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Minimum five-year experience with large IT system implementation projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-starter with good ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete work within allocated time frames.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Passion and a willingness to learn.
- Experience working with CLI and command-based programs.
- Enterprise or large system experience which concentrates around manufacturing processes.
- Understand how systems, applications and tools interact and exchange information.
- Experience in all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle.
- An understanding of how to install and work with Fiber.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and RedHat Linux 5.4 onwards
- Web: Apache, FireFox, IE, Chrome
- Databases: MySQL
- Network: HP ProCurve & Aruba Switches, Fiber and Ethernet
- Storage: HP MSA/MDS SAN storage solutions
- Hardware: Hewlett Packard ProLiant Blade Servers, Enclosures and Rack Mount Servers, Thin Clients
Please submit a copy of your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Our Clients Say
“We have recently used IES for tool move outs. These folks did an excellent job at an attractive pr”ice compared to other alternatives (OEMs). They were very flexible and were able to respond at short notice and meet aggressive schedules with no issues. IES provided a very high level of professional planning and documentation for every tool move. If you are in need of contractors to perform a tool move, we highly suggest you investigate this option.”